FERN and Nature First Jointly announce,
Permaculture Design Certificate Course (PDC)
Focusing on Ecological Design and Diversity Friendly Farming
from 6th January to 7th April 2024 (Online & Offline)
Conducted by Seema Hardikar and Harshad Ainapure
- This PDC is a unique blend of online version and standard field sessions combined together for a wholesome learning experience.
- This course is divided into classroom sessions to learn the basic concepts and a week long field session to actually carry out practicals; followed by a Final Design Exercise.
- The online classroom sessions will cover Permaculture ethics and sustainable practices, basics of building the integrated systems, methods of design, flow and patterns, soil, water cycles, climate, zone and sector analysis, landscape effects, earthwork, plants, kitchen gardens, polycultures, irrigation systems and drylands, orchards and forestry, free ranging animal systems and design practices in different climatic conditions in Indian context like humid tropics, temperate and dry lands, aquaculture, and more..
- Lectures will be followed by a 7-days field session with practicals at our permaculture sites in Ratnagiri, Shahapur and Murbad.
- Participants will have to complete one model design exercise to demonstrate their understanding after completing the field session.
- You will receive your Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) once your Final Design Exercise gets approved.
- At the end of the course, you will be equipped with the basic knowledge and understanding of the permaculture principles, methods of design and a step by step guide to how to go about designing a system.
- Once you get your PDC, you can teach permaculture or practice it as a consultant. You will be confident enough to take up your own sites and start building sustainable systems.
- The course starts from Saturday, 6th January 2024 with online classroom sessions which will be held every Saturday 6:30 to 9 pm and every Sunday 3 to 6 pm. till last week of March 2024.
- All the sessions will be online on Zoom Cloud Meetings and will be recorded. The links of recorded sessions will be shared if you miss any lecture for you to cover up.
- A week long field session will be from 1st to 7th April at at Nate Village, Dist - Ratnagiri and Kharade village, Shahapur, Dist-Thane, Maharashtra, India
- It is compulsory to attend the field session to complete your PDC course.
- After the field session, participants will have to demonstrate their understanding by submitting their Final Design Exercise (FDE).
- Once your model design is properly reviewed and approved by our team, you will receive your PDC certificate.
- Total Course Fees- Rs. 46,000/- (Fees can be paid in two installments)
- Beneficiary Name : FERN
- Bank Name : Thane Bharat Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Branch : Vishnu Nagar, Naupada, Thane
- Account Number : 002110000005947
- IFSC Code : TBSB0000002